Privacy & Cookies Policy
PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
This is the Privacy Statement for The Baxter Group Limited. Please read it carefully. You should only use this site and complete our Reservation Form if you agree to our use of information about you in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We’re committed to protecting you and your family’s personal data and information. This Policy applies to any personal information or ‘personal data’ that we collect from you. It covers how we:
• Destroy / Remove your personal data
Please read this Policy carefully. By using any of our websites you are agreeing to the processing of your data as set out below. We sometimes use your data to provide additional marketing services, but you can always opt out. For more information see Section 6 (Contacting you for marketing purposes).
1. THE BAXTER GROUP LIMITED
• The Baxter Group Limited includes the following:
• Baxter Construction Limited
• Baxter Homes Limited
• Newberry Homes Limited
• Baxter Estates Limited
• Baxter Aggregates
In this Policy, ‘we’ refers to all the above.
The Baxter Group Limited’s websites are operated by a third-party on our behalf.
2. OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
We are committed to safeguarding your personal information and we comply with all Data Protection Laws, including:
• The Data Protection Act 1998
• The GDPR – General Data Protection Regulations
• Any regulations made under or to supplement either or the above, relating to the personal information that we collect about you.
3. WHEN DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may collect personal information about you when you:
• Visit / access one of our websites
• Contact us by telephone, e-mail, SMS, letter, Social Media or any other form of messaging
• Visit any of our offices / developments
• Complete any of our website forms requesting more information / brochures
• Access information about our developments via a third-party provider, such as a property portal (Zoopla, Rightmove etc.) or Estate Agents
• Whenever you enter into any transaction with us, such as a Reservation Form
• If you request information from us with a view to entering into a transaction
This may include, for example, your:
• Postal address
• E-mail address
• Land Line / Mobile number
• Financial information (during Help to Buy Applications)
As well as information about:
• Your existing property situation
• Your use of our website
• The purpose of your visit to our website / office / development
This Policy also covers our use of any of your personal information, whether provided to us in person, over the telephone, via e-mail, SMS, Social Media messaging, website forms, property portals or in other correspondence.
REQUESTS FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Sometimes we will require you to provide further personal information. This may be if you are purchasing, or thinking about purchasing, a home from us, or if you ask us to contact you with properties / developments that may be of interest to you. Whenever we do this we will tell you why we are collecting this information and how we will use it.
QUERIES VIA SOCIAL MEDIA
Our Social Media pages, such as Instagram and Facebook, are monitored in-house and any queries / questions / requests for information as dealt with accordingly. IP ADDRESSES If you contact us online, we may monitor the type of device used by you. This may include specific identification, such as your IP address.
If you contact us online, we may monitor the type of device used by you. This may include specific identification, such as your IP address.
4. HOW WILL WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
We do not sell personal data to third parties and will only use your personal information to provide you with details of our own properties / developments which we believe will be of interest to you. In addition, we may use your information to:
• We may Contact you. If you have indicated a specific interest in a property / development, or a particular area in which we have properties / developments available.• Provide a relevant service. If you have contacted us for a specific purpose or accessed our services by completing a website form and not opted out, we’ll consider your perceived preferences for a specific property type or location. If you do not wish to receive this personalised service, you can unsubscribe from our e-mails ort similarly contact us as set out in Section 10.
• Tailor our service to your location. With your permission, we may use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify your location. We will use this for general, depersonalised statistical purposes. We may also use this information to direct you to specific developments / properties in your area.
Please be assured that any personal information given to us for a specific use or purpose will not be used for any other purpose without your notification and, where appropriate, permission. See Section 10.
5. WHEN WILL WE CONTACT YOU?
We may contact you:
• For legitimate purposes aligned with our contract.
• In relation to a previous communication from you. This includes any comment or complaint concerning us, our services, properties / developments, or any previous contact we may have had with you.
• If you requested further information or signed up to a product, property / development, whether directly through us or via a third-party provider, such as a property portal or Estate Agent.
• To provide you with additional information relating to a specific or similar property / development to that which you have shown interest in.
• For marketing purposes if you have chosen to receive a service from us by completing one of our website forms and not opted out, in accordance with this Policy, see Section 6.
6. CONTACTING YOU FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
We will only contact you for marketing purposes if you have agreed to this, or where you have requested a service from us and not opted out. Contact may be made via e-mail, SMS or telephone and you can easily unsubscribe from any of these sources at any time.
We will deem a service request to be any of the following:
• Arrange a viewing – In this instance we will call you to arrange a suitable time for an appointment for you to visit one of our developments.
• Call-back request – When you request us to call you back to find out more information about our properties / developments.
• Keep me informed – Where you ask us to keep you updated on a development that has not launched yet.
• Download brochure – When you request to download a brochure or for one to be sent out.
INFORMATION E-MAILS / SMS / TELEPHONE CALLS
We offer regular information / updates by e-mail / telephone / SMS communications concerning our properties / developments.
TAILORING OUR SERVICE TO YOU
We may personalise our communications with you based on the information you provide to us and the information we obtain when you use our platforms.
We do not allow the information we hold about you to be used for advertising purposes or contact from third parties. However, if you show an interest in a specific property / development via a third-party website, such as a property portal or Estate Agent, this is outside of our remit – we have no control over how they process your information.
7. KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION PRIVATE
Your information will be kept private and confidential, except where we are obliged / permitted to share it with third parties by Law, e.g. Government Bodies, Law Enforcement Agencies and similar.
We will retain your information within our group of companies, except:
• At your request. If you have requested that we share the information with you or have given your permission.
• To fulfil our contractual / similar obligations to you. For example, in connection with any property you are in the course of purchasing or have purchased from us, or which you had previously sought to purchase from us. This could include:
• To our Solicitors, your Solicitors or other advisers for the purposes of progressing a sale or dealing with any issue you may have.
• With a Consultant / Sub-Contractor appointed to carry out / required to carry out work to a property which you have purchased.
• To any of your advisers in connections with any contract or transaction entered into with us for the purposes of performance of our obligations.
KEEPING YOU IN THE KNOW
When you enter into a contract with us we will set out, as comprehensively as possible, the purposes for which we may use your personal information in order to fulfil our contract with you and address any issues relating to our performance.
Whilst not sharing your personal information, we may use suitable and accredited third-party organisations specifically for the purpose of destroying or deleting any personal data.
8. MINIMUM AGE LIMIT ON WHO WE CAN CONTACT
If you are under the age of 18 you should obtain your parents’ or guardians’ permission before you contact us. It is unlikely that we will be in a position to provide you with any information which may assist you, or be relevant to you, until you reach the age of 18 – this is simply because of the nature of the legal obligations you will enter into when purchasing a property.
9. HOW LONG IS INFORMATION STORED FOR?
This is dependant upon its purpose, or the amount of time set out in the contract you enter into with us.
• Purchasing a property – if you enter into a contract with us to purchase a property, we will hold your information for a maximum of 12 years from the date of completion of the purchase.
• Anti-money laundering – in the event that you provide us with personal information so that we can fulfil any anti-money laundering obligations, we will retain such information for a period of 5 years – this is to fulfil our legal obligations.
• If you contact us regarding any of our properties / developments, whether directly from you or via a third-party, but do not proceed with a contract, we will retain your personal information until whichever of the following happens first:
• You request that we delete it. We will need to retain a record of your request to be deleted.
• A maximum period of 2 years from the date that you last made contact with us, directly or via a third-party.
We will use all reasonable efforts to delete (aside from the note of your request to be deleted) all information in our possession which constitutes, in our reasonable opinion, personal data belonging to you.
10. YOUR RIGHTS
DELETION OF PERSONAL DATA – ‘RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN’
It is your right to request the deletion of your personal data from our records, except (as explained above) if it is necessary for us to perform our legal obligations or contractual obligations to you or another third-party.
KEEPING YOUR DETAILS ACCURATE
You have the right to ask us to rectify any personal data we hold about you which is inaccurate or incomplete.
SENDING A REQUEST
A request for the deletion or correction of personal data should be addressed to the Data Protection Officer at The Baxter Group Limited’s Head Office, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, while we always strive to comply with any requests you make, we cannot guarantee to action any request for deletion or rectification of your personal data if it is not made using the method outlined above (letter / e-mail).
WHAT DO WE DO?
Within reason, we will aim to make anonymous and / or delete any of the personal data which we hold in relation to you. It is in the nature of digital or computer records that we cannot guarantee that every trace or record of your personal data will be removed, but we will delete it as far as is reasonably possible for us to do so.
11. FINDING OUT WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE HOLD (SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST)
Under the current Data Protection Act, you have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
At the moment there is no charge for this service and we may require you to prove your identity (with two documents of approved identification) before searching our records. Currently the information will be provided to you within 30 days of whichever of the following comes last:
• The date of submission of your request.
• Establishment of your identity.
The following are examples of the type of identification that we can accept in order to process your information request:
• Driving Licence.
• Birth / Marriage Certificate.
• Utility Bill (dated within the last 3 months).
• Current Vehicle Registration Document.
• Bank Statement (dated within the last 3 months).
Please note, if we have previously established your identity and it matches the information you provide, this may be sufficient for the purposes of actioning your request. If you have not previously provided us with identification, then we may require you to provide copy documentation of the examples listed above in order to process your request.
The amount we charge and the period of time in which we are able to action your request may alter by Law. If so, this Policy will be amended.
So that we avoid any delays to your application, please address any questions concerning our Privacy and Cookies Policy to the Data Protection Officer at Head Office or via e-mail, details of which are in Section 16.
12. ACCESSING OUR PLATFORMS FROM OUTSIDE THE UK
Depending upon your location, different privacy rules may apply as a matter of Law. These are presently harmonised with the EU, but you should note that any personal information that we use, or process is done so in accordance with the Law applicable in England, Wales or Scotland, as appropriate.
13. WEB BROWSER COOKIES
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie contains a small amount of data and, typically, a unique identifier. When you access any of our websites or platforms, or those of a third-party, a cookie will be sent to your device. The cookie records information about your online preferences and, therefore, allows us to tailor our websites and any contact with you to your specific interests.
The information we obtain by monitoring all visits to our websites enables us to improve, through anonymous analysis, our services to our customers and visitors.
Your web browser may also provide us with information concerning your device, such as an IP address or details about the browser you are using. For example, if you are looking at a specific location or property, we may use your location to ensure that any web pages or communications are tailored to you.
PLEASE NOTE, YOU ARE ABLE TO CHANGE YOUR COOKIES SETTINGS TO CONTROL ACCESS TO ANY DEVICE YOU ARE USING.
INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER WEBSITES
We cannot control any information concerning websites other than those operated by us. You must refer to those websites for their Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policies.
14. MOBILE APPLICATIONS
In the future, we may release mobile applications to complement specific developments and procedures. Use of these mobile applications will be set out in the Terms and Conditions, which you will need to accept in order to load and access the app on your device.
15. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
We may make changes and update our Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time and in accordance with updated legislation. Any such changes will be shown here as part of our Privacy and Cookies Policy and will apply from the date that they are published. We are unable to contact you directly to inform you of these changes, other than in response to a specific request made to our Date Protection Officer as referred to above.
16. CONTACTING US CONCERNING OUR PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Any contact you wish to make with us concerning this Policy or how it works in practice should be directed to the Data Protection Officer. The addresses to contact the Data Protection Officer are:
The Baxter Group Limited